Saturday, January 24, 2015

Update Windows 10 Technical Preview Troubleshooting

Goal:
Update my Windows 10 Technical Preview to the latest build.

Problem:
My build is on 9841

There is a new build available and when searching online I found out that if you want to update you need to go to "PC Settings -> Update and recovery -> Preview builds.

When I go to Update and Recovery there is no such option...



Solution


First I found out that I needed to be logged in as local admin, not as the Microsoft account user I normally use.

So i log in as local admin, and now the option is there.

But when I check for updates, no updates are found.
So I search online and found this site:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0a3f6382-a9a8-41c8-ab10-53bdec76f2f1/windows-insider-stuck-on-build-9841-no-new-preview-build-was-found?forum=WinPreview2014Setup

So a register edit may be the solution.

I open regedit and go to the key:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability

And there the BranchName is set on tbl_awesome1501 I change this to tbl_release and close the register editor.




Now I check again and a update is found:



After downloading is complete I can click the [Install now] button


After a little while:







And there it is. Windows 10 build 9879




GNZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment